Primary Function: The individual(s) selected for the GeoFli internship will be responsible for leading the inbound marketing charge and creating content to help potential customers, existing customers, and future customers do amazing things with GeoFli. This team will be responsible for managing and directing the inbound marketing efforts for GeoFli. This includes content writing, tutorial screencasts, fun interviews with team members, idea generation, analytics reporting and tracking results of efforts.
Who: GeoFli is a SaaS (software as a service) company located right here Missoula, MT. We offer a startup atmosphere and an all-hands-on-deck attitude. Hours are flexible, team lunches and GeoFli sponsored softball team games are weekly occurrences. We work hard to grow and build remarkable product and customer success and we take our work seriously (see bottom of job description for previous intern testimonials).
What: GeoFli allows anyone to change and replace website content based on visitor location. Someone visiting your website from NY will see something different than someone visiting from California. We were ranked one of Montana’s top five startups to watch in 2016. We work with colleges like the University of Oregon and Colorado State University. We work with e-commerce companies, subscription box companies, software companies and brick-and-mortar companies.
Why: GeoFli exists because online marketing is noisy, disruptive and loud. We believe marketing should be relevant, elegant and concise. We’re betting against pop-ups and follow-you-everywhere type advertising. 25% of internet users (and growing) use ad-blockers. Click-through-rates on display ads are pathetic. When a website uses GeoFli, the user doesn’t know the content is personalized for them: it just feels relevant.
- Able to commit to at least 15 to 20 hours per week.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Driven, positive attitude, professional work-ethic.
- Ability to work productively autonomously and meet goals.
- Comfortable and confident working in a fast-pace environment.
- Able to generate creative ideas for growth and outreach and problem solve independently.
- Able to meet deadlines and exceed expectations.
- Comfortable picking up the phone to talk with warm and cold prospects.
- Coachable with a strong desire to learn cutting edge marketing software.
- Able to pivot from an idea and problem solve if current prospecting methods are underperforming.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and reading a sales report.
- Experience working with email-marketing software.
- Experience meeting sales goals.
- Able to articulate the difference between inbound and outbound marketing.
After This Internship:
Our hope is that after this internship, you remain a valuable part of the team’s growth. We move quickly and we can guarantee this experience will put you ahead of the curve heading into the job market. We measure results, we iterate and we're always looking to learn and improve on our inbound and outbound marketing and sales methods.
Here's what some of our previous interns have said of their experience:
"Interning at GeoFli while attending classes at the UM business school really prepped me for the real world. Theory and example sales/marketing scenarios in class are great - but, the team at GeoFli helped me sink my teeth into the application of everything I'd learned at school."
"Working as an intern for GeoFli was exactly what I needed going into my last year as an undergrad at the University of Montana. I was able to gain valuable hands-on experience in digital marketing, which is something I'm very interested in pursuing as a career. Kyle and Nick are always willing to work with my chaotic schedule. I am super appreciative of everything I learned. I strongly recommend this internship to anyone who is motivated to get a jump start in their marketing career before they graduate."
"Interning for GeoFli was by far the most immersive marketing experience I've ever had. GeoFli gives you the unique opportunity to bring your ideas to the table and actually put them into action. You get to see how your ideas play out in the real world then work with the team to make them even better, which is a huge resume builder. It’s so rare for an intern to play that integral of a role in a company. You're a part of the team from day one."