Sales Development Representative
Primary Function: Generating qualified leads, prospecting, outbound lead-generation and inbound content marketing. GeoFli is searching for a driven professional with a strong sales and inbound marketing background to join our team in a sales-development role (SDR). In on the ground-floor of our Missoula based company, the sales development representative will have a significant impact on the growth of GeoFli in new markets. This position will have a high level of input and feedback with the founding team and ample opportunity to learn and grow in the position with high performance.
Type: Full Time
Who: GeoFli is a SaaS company located in beautiful Missoula, MT. We offer a startup atmosphere and an all-hands-on-deck attitude. Hours are flexible, team lunches and GeoFli sponsored softball games are weekly occurrences. We work hard to grow and build remarkable product and we take our work seriously. We put customer and employee happiness first and it pays off: the people that collaborate with our team as interns, contractors, freelancers and employees have rave reviews (see the bottom of this job description).
What: GeoFli allows anyone to change and replace website content based on visitor location. Someone visiting your website from NY will see something different than someone visiting from California. We were ranked one of Montana’s top five startups to watch in 2016. We work with colleges like the University of Oregon and Colorado State University. We work with e-commerce companies, subscription box companies, software companies and brick-and-mortar companies.
Why: GeoFli exists because online marketing is noisy, disruptive and loud. We believe marketing should be relevant, elegant and concise. We’re betting against pop-ups and follow-you-everywhere type advertising. 25% of internet users (and growing) use ad-blockers. Click-through-rates on display ads are pathetic. When a website uses GeoFli, the user doesn’t know the content is personalized for them: it just feels relevant.
The sales development representative will focus on finding people who are a good fit for website personalization. Primarily using phone and email, the SDR will support the co-founders in gathering, reviewing, contacting and qualifying leads for demos.
The type of person we’re looking for is driven. We’re looking for the type of person that prepares exhaustively, is highly adaptable and has a track record of success. This is the type of person that joins a team and good things happen. If that sounds like you, we definitely want you on our team! We provide a startup atmosphere and an all-hands-on-deck attitude.
When: This position will start the last week of April or early May.
- Strong desire to work in startup software-as-a-service sales.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy and positive attitude.
- Ability to work productively autonomously and meet metric goals.
- Comfortable and confident working in a fast-pace environment.
- Able to generate creative ideas for growth and outreach and problem solve independently.
- Able to meet deadlines and exceed expectations.
- Comfortable picking up the phone to talk with warm and cold prospects.
- Coachable and strong desire to learn.
- Able to pivot from an idea and problem solve if current prospecting methods are underperforming.
- Experience meeting deadlines.
- Sales development representative may travel to visit prospective customers, existing customers and participate in conferences both as an exhibitor and presenter.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and reading a sales report.
- Experience working with email-marketing software.
- Experience meeting sales goals.
- Able to articulate the difference between inbound and outbound marketing.
"Interning for GeoFli was by far the most immersive marketing experience I've ever had. GeoFli gives you the unique opportunity to bring your ideas to the table and actually put them into action. You get to see how your ideas play out in the real world then work with the team to make them even better, which is a huge resume builder. It’s so rare for an intern to play that integral of a role in a company. You're a part of the team from day one."
These guys are outstanding to work with. Their custom GeoTargeting tools for landing pages are insanely handy and create a ton of opportunity for businesses to engage their audience. Highly recommended team!
- Claire, GeoFli Designer
“Awesome company and great product. The owners strive for each customer's success in personalizing their web content.”
- Digital Marketing Manager, Existing Customer
“Working with GeoFli has grown our state outreach without having to put bodies in the area selling our product. They are on the cutting edge of digital marketing and are always providing ideas and promotions which they can execute through GeoFli. Geofli has really helped propel and target sales leading to smarter advertising dollars.”
- CEO, Existing Customer