Adding a Section of Content:
Pick a page any page! Well, not any page. Before selecting a page you want to ask yourself a couple questions.:
1. What is my goal of setting up a geographic targeting campaign?
2. Who will this campaign be targeting? Prospective students? Alumni? International students?
3. What does a successful campaign look like? Longer time-on-site? Increase conversions?
Your journey to launching a GeoFli campaign begins with selecting a page on your website to target. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Your team has five counselors with specific territories. Using your site, setup introductions to the counselor corresponding with website visitors from their territory. Katie’s territory is the Pacific Northwest. When a visitor lands on the admissions page, they’ll see a targeted welcome message from her as well as a place to sign-up for an admission’s interview.
- Sending counselors to college fairs? In addition to sending emails and direct mail to prospects in your pool, communicate with all new and returning website visitors based on their geography. A prospective student from Chicago navigates to the admission’s homepage from the athletics site. With GeoFli, you can let anyone from Illinois know there will be an admission’s representative at the Chicago NACAC in three weeks!
- The one-stop shop just added some new rooms. The university homepage is the most popular starting point for geotargeting because it gets the most traffic and often tries to be everything to everybody.
- Use enrollment data to feature programs by location. Students from New York historically apply to programs at your university dealing the geo-sciences. Feature those programs on the homepage with a clear call-to-action “Request information about the geosciences.”
- Feature student testimonials of students from specific geotargeted areas. A parent of a prospective student in Oregon visits your website and sees a testimonial of a student that grew up in Portland and now attends Any College.
- Language is powerful. Using geotargeting, enrollment offices can connect in more ways than one. A student from Japan visits the international recruitment page. That student will see the call-to-action “Apply Now” in Japanese.
- A student from Germany visits the exact same page and sees a call-to-action to “apply now” in German.
- Adding the alumni relations page to your section-of-content can yield great results. What is the goal of your campaign? Increase attendance at alumni gatherings? An alumni from Kansas City visits your homepage.
- Using geotargeting, you can create a campaign on the alumni homepage targeting a 100 mile radius of Kansas City promoting “Attend our Kanasas City Alumni Reception. RSVP Online.”
Step One: Think about a URL you’d like to modify based on visitor location and give it a name. Like “Admission Contact”. We’ll show a couple examples of how to navigate step one.
Even before selecting a link. Define your goal. Is your goal to increase inquiries from Chicago? Modify the homepage. Here we’ve changed generic website copy with a targeted message and a clear call-to-action. Prior to visiting ASU, I’d never been West of the Mississippi River.” Connecting visitors from Chicago with a current student from their area.
Next. Choose a URL: Think about ways your path toward conversion could use improvement. Here’s an example of a student navigating to five screens before finding their admission’s counselor. Even then, the student doesn’t have a clear action to take. Congratulations, Shelby is your admission’s counselor, now what?
Instead, choose a URL you can easily modify to shorten the path to conversion. Now, when a user from Chicago visits the admission’s page, they meet Shelby and have a chance to sign-up for a coffee chat or interview.
Here is the undergraduate admission’s homepage one-size fits all. Here it is using GeoFli. Visiting from Illinois? Meet alumni working near your, meet your admission’s coach and sign up for a personal meeting.
Maybe you’d like to modify the campus visit page.
Without GeoFli: With GeoFli. Flight information on how to get to Arizona from Illinois.
For more tips and suggestions, click on the support documentation. You’ll find a library of useful tips and tricks for putting together your campaign.
Your Page Name and URL will always show up on your dashboard. As Always, if you have any quesitons, don’t hesitate to call or email support. We’re here to help you personalize your website.